Saturday, October 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Mason


Look buddy, you are on the computer.

My son Mason is turning 7-years-old today. If you don't know Mason, you are really missing out because this kid is a crack-up. While each of my kids has a unique and fascinating combination of traits, the wheel of fortune gene swirl that resulted in Mason seemed to take most of the best ingredients his mother and I had to offer.

He has the devilish smirk of my dad and the trademark Wilkinson blonde hair. He has Valerie's fearless attitude, mixed with a healthy amount of daddy and grandma Kay-Kay's altruism. He is smart, handsome, funny, cool and caring. He has a love for people and traveling that is really contagious-- If you ask him where he'd like to go more than anywhere in the world he'd tell you a hotel with a pool. He's a ham for the camera, full of energy, and can become a loyal friend in 30 seconds or less. And if I haven't said it yet, this kid is funny. He loves knock-knock jokes that go off the script.

When Val and I found out she was pregnant with Mason it was hard for us because we were really broke at the time. Well, we are still broke today but we've got the best family in the world and it could not be what it is without him. I love him more than myself and I only hope I can become the father he thinks I am. He deserves all the best, and I am excited that today is all about him. Happy Birthday, buddy!

1 comment: