Friday, November 20, 2009

Jackie's tough

According to updates from her husband and friends, it seems local blogger and former CFP politico Jackie Melton is making a recovery from a rather serious staph infection. Her husband, Larry Melton, said she had antibiotic staph pneumonia. She has been in the hospital for at least a couple of weeks now. Her last post was in mid-October.

Jackie became a friend of mine when I was still an intern at CFP. Her blog, Jackehammer, is widely followed and respected. She has covered City Council forever it seems, and usually not for money. She seems to know everyone involved in local politics, and she is probably the best researcher I have ever met. She has always been very helpful and kind to me and I am very glad to hear she is getting better.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, Brian,

    Very sweet. I appreciate the comments. I am a fighter but, you know me, I'm sure, as a Christian as well.

    I don't believe I'd be here today if God hadn't answered the prayers of many friends and family members. After some of the things Larry was told, it is a miracle I am living on room air, with no need of an oxygen tank, let alone alive.

    Anyway, I am pleased, personally, with my progress. I'm getting stronger every day and my endurance is improving. I'll be back at it soon. :)

    ReplyDelete