Wednesday, November 3, 2010

New Jobby Job


I want to let my general blogging audience (probably millions of people) know what most of my Facebook friends have already heard: I got a new gig. On Monday, I accepted a job offer from the Springfield Business Journal. Starting next week, I'll be the new reporter on staff.

I'm excited about the job, and I'm anxious to get there and get to work. In my time at CFP, I found that I really enjoyed writing business stories and features, and so this feels like a natural fit for me. Also, I will be covering Springfield City Council meetings, which takes advantage of my experience and feeds my somewhat dorky interest in our local government.

In the days to come, I'm curious to see how this new career affects what I publish here. I wouldn't expect things to change too much, but I suppose I will want to be careful not to be too political. It may be that I will start a new website or blog at some point where I can be anonymous, but still have an outlet for some of my more creative ideas. I don't know, yet.

Regardless, it's a new day for me, and I'm excited to get busy on getting busy. Thanks, SBJ. You have not made a mistake.

1 comment: