Wednesday, June 3, 2009

It's Wakey, Wakey Time

I have to get up and get going today because there is a lot on to be excited about.

For one thing, Becky Spence is holding her public meeting today. Check out the 6-03 issue of the Community Free Press to see what I'm talking about. I think this issue turned out really well. Kara's "15 minutes with" Tom Prater and Bob Mace's "Hot Air" are big highlights. Though I won't tell either of them. Mace, in particular, already knows how great he is.

For second, its the kids last day of school. For me, that means no more waking up at 6 to take my wife to work. My step-son has been driving my car to school so that he can pick up his younger brothers, and then his mother, in the afternoons. So, post-today begins a new routine. That's right, I can sleep until 7 or 7:30 if I want now.

For three, Coach Wade talks. I just found the story on the News-Leader Web site, and am not sure I could be more excited. The former SBU coach talks about his humbling (it seems like he said the word "humbled" like 100 times) Survivor experience.

Survivor is one of the all-time great shows, so the Wade interview was required reading for me. Matt Baker did a good job on the article. I only wish he would have held Wade to the fire a bit more about lying on the show. We all saw it, Coach. Sierra knows, and so do the rest of us. Coach is still the victim, of course. But, it was good to see that he seems to be knocked down a peg or two.

Wakey, Wakey. The sun is shining, y'all.

2 comments: