Monday, September 28, 2009

Sing, sing a song

We have this thing in our family where we try to say the lyrics to a song we all know as if they were just part of a normal conversation. It's pretty fun.

For example, my wife and kids like to listen to 96.5. Pop radio. I'm really more of a Q102 or US97 or NPR guy myself. But, I hear a lot of 96.5. And the other day when we were driving home, in the most normal voice I could muster, I said "Val, I never meant to start a war. You know, I never meant to hurt you. Don't even know what we're fighting for. Why does love always feel like a battlefield?"

The kids have caught on. Mason, 6, particularly likes it. This morning he said "Dad, I've got a feeling that tonight's gonna be a good night. Tonight's gonna be a good, good night."

Then earlier, just moments after a Geico commercial, he said "Dad, I always feel like somebody's watching me."

No comments:

Post a Comment