Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Big Brother, Uncle Sam Part II

I'm on my lunchbreak at work, and I thought I'd post some information I found compiled by the National Coalition on Health Care. I'm putting together a story for CFP that looks at both sides of the Healthcare reform bills in Washington, and I am trying to learn everything I can.

I've been seeking non-partisan information, and, as you might imagine, that can be tricky. NCHC claims to be "rigorously non-partisan." I'm not sure if it is, but I do like that its honorary co-chairmen are former presidents George Bush and Jimmy Carter.

Here is what the group says about health insurance coverage.

Here is what it says about health insurance costs.

The long and the short is that many people are uninsured and healthcare costs are rising. What I like is that references are available, and I can double-check any information I'd use for the story. Many sites make claims, but don't back them up with sources.

Anyway, I thought I'd try to share what I was learning as I was learning it.

No comments:

Post a Comment