Monday, April 12, 2010

Last word on health care

In the current issue of the Community Free Press, I examined the ups and downs, and the ins and outs of The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.

It was a monster. But it was a good experience.

Over the last year, I've posted several pieces about possible reform measures on my blog, and my latest story at CFP was my third on the subject. But until recently, no one could say with certainty what the legislation would look like as law. Now we can.

I've read more stories about health care lately than I care to remember. A lot of it was useless crapola full of misinformation. Hopefully, the article does a good job of summarizing the most important facts. I also hope -- as my former professor Dr. Cline would so often say -- it meets the primary purpose of journalism: to give readers the information they need to be free and self-governing.

One website that was a great help to me was www.kff.org. The Kaiser Family Foundation is a non-partisan, non-profit group that looks at health care legislation. On its web site, there is a complete timeline that details when provisions of the reforms are scheduled to be implemented. I encourage anyone who wants to learn more to read the CFP article or check out KFF.

No comments:

Post a Comment