Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Lunch Update

I felt very encouraged to receive a phone call from Mrs. Spence this morning. She said she read the article and felt it was very fair.

While the article was not designed to please her, it's not unusual for me to have that lingering fear that I got something wrong. And I did sort of expect to have to defend my reasoning for diving into her history with local leaders. Luckily, she seemed to get it.

I know she had reservations about me putting her story in a negative light and it hampering her negotiations with CU. I just tried to tell it like it was, and let people decide for themselves whether they believe and/or sympathize with her or not.

The bottom line is this proposal is a big story. Can she pull it off? Will a new City Council and mayor want to work with her? Will this amp up pressure on CU to cooperate with her on the bus station plans or look at another location altogether and allow her to develop her property as she sees fit? Time will tell.

I'm just encouraged that she chose to speak with us and felt the story we did was fair.

1 comment: